Purpose of the Curriculum:
(What will a high quality PE education do for our children?)
- Inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport
- Provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness
- Opportunities to build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect
Aim of the Curriculum
(What does the PE curriculum aim to ensure all pupils know or can do?)
- Develop abilities to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Ensure pupils are able to be physically active for sustained periods of time
- Allow all children to participate in competitive sport
- Guarantee all pupils have the opportunity to lead healthy, active lives
Knowledge or Skills relevant to our school:
Key Stage One:
- Catch a ball with 2 hands
- Throw an object over a distance of 5 metres.
- Compete in a running race
- Develop fine gross motor skills, to assist with gymnastic performance.
- Learn how to attack and defend
- Perform a dance routine in a group involving several movements
- Knowledge or Skills relevant to our school
Key Stage Two:
- Be able to control a ball in a variety of sports.
- To partake in extra-curricular activities.
- Have the correct mentality when competing
- Run, jump and throw in a competitive environment and evaluate their performance.
- Experience a range of athletic events.
- Be able to use their body to balance in a variety of positions.
- To experience orienteering, rock climbing and street sports.
- Swim 25 metres un-aided