We are delighted to announce that we have achieved the School Games Gold Mark Award for the 2021/22 academic year.
The School Games Mark is a Government-led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward and recognise school's engagement in the School Games against a national benchmark and to celebrate keeping young people active, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our physical activity and school sport achievements this year include participation in:
- Year 5/6 7 a side football league, Indoor 4 a side boys and girls football leagues, from which the girls team, for the first time, won through to the finals and Year 3/4 Girls Football competition
- Year 5/6 High 5 Netball league, finishing 3rd in our group and competing virtually in the Netball Skills competition
- Year 5 Dodgeball competition, where they won through to the borough finals
- Year 6 and Year 5/6 SEND Indoor Rowing competitions
- Whole school participation in the 12 Days of Fitmas Challenge
- Year 2 Agility competition
- Year 1/2 and Year 5/6 Gymnastics competitions
- Year 1/2 All Stars Cricket taster sessions and Years 4 and 5 Chance to Shine Cricket coaching
- Year 3 Commonwealth Personal Best Festival
- Year 5/6 Intra- House Netball and Football competitions
- Year 2/3/4 Multi Activity Festival, from which the Phoenix Club was formed
- Year 4 Quad Kids Competition
- Year 3 Commonwealth Assembly and whole school Commonwealth/South Africa Day
- Whole school YouSkip Challenge
- Year 5 Tag Rugby Festival
- Year 3,4, 5 and 6 Borough Athletics competition
- EYFS, KS1/KS2 Commonwealth Sports Days
We are extremely proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of physical activity and school sport. We are committed to using the School Games to engage those young people who haven't previously been active or represented our school and to try and ensure that everyone has a positive experience and wants to try out new activities beyond school too in our community. As part of our application, we had to fulfil criteria linked to the five School Games outcomes and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year. We look forward to applying once again in 2023!